Military Apprenticeship Program
Take advantage of your VA Benefits and enroll in our Military Apprenticeship Program
Our military and their families sacrifice so much to keep our country safe and strong. Paper Transport is proud to support our veterans, who comprise 19% of our workforce. Take the experience you’ve gained and the benefits you’ve earned in the military to start a career in trucking. You may be eligible for up to $2,500 per month with no contract and payroll deductions.
We're sorry, we are not taking applications at this time. We are in the process of updating our program. Please fill out our form to get on the waitlist.
What is the Military Apprenticeship Program?
Paper Transport has partnered with the Veterans Administration as part of the Post 9/11 GI Bill® Apprenticeship Program. This will allow new drivers to receive tax-free housing benefits from the V.A in addition to earning a weekly paycheck from PTI.
Once you have completed your CDL schooling, you will then join our three-week Accelerate Training Program. Following completion of the Accelerate Program, PTI continues to provide you with the tools and support to reach your full potential.
How do I apply for the Military Apprenticeship Program?
- If you have your Post 9/11 GI Bill® available, check out the latest benefit amounts or find our your exact amount or eligibility by calling the VA at 888-442-4551.
- Fill out a PTI Military Apprenticeship form
- Don’t have your CDL? Search approved CDL schools
- We will work with you and the VA to verify your qualifications and get you into your new career
Get paid while in the training period
- Sponsored Training at Approved CDL Schools
- Paid $750 per week in addition to your Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) GI Bill Benefit (up to $2,500/month)
- CDL Finishing Program
- Paid $750 per week while being trained
- One-week orientation with other recent CDL graduates in Green Bay, WI
- Classroom and in-truck instruction
- Transportation, lodging, and meals are provided
- Followed by two weeks of on-the-job training with a PTI Driver Trainer
- Apprenticeship Program
- First-Tour Apprenticeship period is 6 Months with pay 80% of starting experienced driver pay (e.g., $0.55/mile = $0.45/mile)
- Second-Tour Apprenticeship period is 6-12 months with pay 90-95% of starting experienced driver pay (e.g., $0.55/mile = $0.50/mile)
- We're sorry, we are not taking drivers for this program at this time. We are in the process of updating our program.
- Qualify for the Post-9/11 GI Bill
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Safe Driving Record
- No DUI/DWI or other alcohol-related convictions in the last 5 years
- Complete Paper Transport CDL Application
- Complete CDL Assessment