Extended Coverage Specialist (2nd Shift)
What Drives You?
Location: De Pere, WI
The Extended Coverage Specialist position is responsible for supporting the rotational extended coverage team. This role supports our professional truck drivers on issues such as accidents, hours of service, breakdowns, load recoveries, on-time delivery expectations, and questions regarding freight. Safety is top priority when working with our drivers.
- Audit satellite communication system for incoming messages and respond in a timely manner
- Dispatch when needed and possess a working knowledge about all driver fleets
- Provide assistance to all drivers after hours with com-check issues, safety concerns, and E-logs through XRS and over the phone
- Monitor drivers through technology to ensure on time deliveries and to be proactive in load saving
- Assist drivers during emergency situations by contacting appropriate individuals depending on seriousness or severity of the issue
- Understand the various maintenance facilities available when dealing with drivers who need assistance
- Source drivers when a driver is no longer available
- Respond to customer requests for service sensitive loads.
- Ensure effective communication via hand offs, emails, and phone calls about issues that arise after hours and on the weekends to the appropriate 1st shift person or team.
- Projects by request by your manager
- Decisiveness: Have the ability to put things into perspective, weigh all your options, assess all relevant information, and anticipate the consequences (good and bad). Have the ability to know who can help you reach a solution.
- Communication: Ability to adjust your tone/style according to your audience; ability to explain complex issues both internally and externally.
- Time Management: Have the ability to manage your time to efficiently prioritize tasks while adopting an attitude to take on new tasks and deadlines.
- Self-Motivation: Having a positive attitude and the initiative to work without constant supervision.
- Teamwork: Working for our common goal, know when to be a leader and when to be a listener. Ability to be perceptive along with receptive to others needs and responsibilities.
- Conflict Resolution: Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish a rapport with others. Know how to be persuasive with the ability to stay calm.
- Computer Expertise: Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g., Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point).
Work Lifestyle You Will Experience
- Values-based culture: Commitment to Safety and Creating a Great Place to Work.
- We are collaborative with a culture of innovation, nimbleness, and the drive to succeed.
- Generous work/life balance, family first mindset.
- Decision making from the bottom up, not the top down.
- Continual development training to enhance your current skill set both soft and technical.
- Ability to work with others within the company on projects that enhance our work experience.
Education and Experience Requirements
- A minimum of an Associate’s Degree in a related field is required
- 2 or more years of experience in transportation is preferred
- Leadership experience is preferred
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Company Paid Life Insurance
- HSA qualified medical plan
- Aggressive work/life balance with a PTO policy and 7 paid holidays
- On-Site health clinic at certain locations free to our employees and their tax dependents
- 401k with up to 3% match (after 6 months of employment)
- Continual development opportunities with company paid training
- Values based culture: People and Safety
- We are a collaborative with a culture of innovation and a drive to succeed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk and hear. The employee is constantly required to use hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Information included in this job description does not necessarily represent a list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements or working conditions with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as circumstances change.