What Drives You?
The primary focus of the Planner role is to adhere to customer requests with delivery expectations, manage the freight plan, work within the required HOS regulations, and meet the metrics for asset utilization and lane profitability. In addition to these planning responsibilities, this role manages drivers in the fleet and focuses on achieving on-time service, top MPG results in the division, high-retention rate, and best practices for an overall high-performing team.
Skills Required for Success
- Decisiveness: Have the ability to put things into perspective, weigh all your options, assess all relevant information, and anticipate the consequences (good and bad). Have the ability to know who can help you reach a solution.
- Communication: Ability to adjust your tone/style according to your audience, ability to explain complex issues both internally and externally.
- Time Management: Have the ability to manage your time to efficiently prioritize tasks while adopting an attitude to take on new tasks and deadlines.
- Self-Motivation: Having a positive attitude and the initiative to work without constant supervision.
- Teamwork: Working for our common goal, know when to be a leader and when to be a listener. Ability to be perceptive along with receptive to others needs and responsibilities.
- Conflict Resolution: Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish a rapport with others. Know how to be persuasive with the ability to stay calm.
- Computer Expertise: Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g., Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point).
Work lifestyle you will experience
- Values-based culture: Commitment to Safety and Create a Great Place to Work.
- We are collaborative with a culture of innovation, nimbleness, and the drive to succeed.
- Generous work/life balance, family first mindset.
- Decision making from the bottom up not the top down.
- Continual development training to enhance your current skill set both soft and technical.
- Ability to work with others within the company on projects that enhance our work experience.
Education and experience requirements
- Associate Degree
- 2 or more years of transportation experience
- Leadership experience is preferred
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Short Term Disability & Company Paid Life Insurance
- HSA compatible medical insurance plan
- Generous PTO policy and paid holidays
- On-Site health clinic in Green Bay, WI free to our employees and tax dependents
- 401k with up to 3% match (after 6 months of employment)
- Bonus potential
Information included in this job description does not necessarily represent a list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements or working conditions with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as circumstances change.