What Drives You?
Location: De Pere, WI
This role supports the day to day function of the business aspects of Paper Transport. This is a key role in programming and understanding the business needs to further improve on current day to day applications. The right candidate will have the vision to continue keeping PTI at the forefront of technology.
Here are the top 2 performance objectives that determine success in this role:
Systems Analyst (50%)
- Process Design – Work with business users to develop a comprehensive plan to understand business pain points.
- Solution Analysis – Work with vendors to understand system capabilities. Compare business process to suggested system to determine viability of solution.
- Gap Analysis – Provide an analysis of areas not addressed by vendor. Determine if accommodations needs to be considered.
- Implementation – Configure solution to conform to business process. Guide business in usage of new system.
- ERP Upgrades – Coordinate upgrades of key systems. Plan implementation, test upgrades in a controlled environment, work with vendors on issues found, deploy upgrades into production, and work with Training Coordinator on user documentation.
- Required Languages – SQL and a background in Object Oriented Programming such as Java, C#, Python, or PowerShell.
- Integration – As determined by the gap analysis, build out system integrations. The scope of this would primarily be data pulls/pushes between SQL Databases, CSV, Web Services, etc. Many of the integrations include event driven programming that requires attention to performance and timeliness.
- Reporting – Create dashboards/reports to support business users with information gathered by integrations. Edge integrations often require custom reporting to pull systems together.
- ETL – Combine multiple datasets to create usable information for business insights
- Data Mapping – Map data from a source system or file to a destination format such as SQL, CSV, XLS, etc.
Skills Required for Success
- Decisiveness: Have the ability to put things into perspective, weigh all your options, assess all relevant information, and anticipate the consequences (good and bad). Have the ability to know who can help you reach a solution.
- Communication: Ability to adjust your tone/style according to your audience, ability to explain complex issues both internally and externally.
- Time Management: Have the ability to manage your time to efficiently prioritize tasks while adopting an attitude to take on new tasks and deadlines.
- Self-Motivation: Having a positive attitude and the initiative to work without constant supervision.
- Teamwork: Working for our common goal, know when to be a leader and when to be a listener. Ability to be perceptive along with receptive to others needs and responsibilities.
- Conflict Resolution: Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish a rapport with others. Know how to be persuasive with the ability to stay calm.
- Computer Expertise: Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g., Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point).
Work Lifestyle You Will Experience
- Values-based culture: Commitment to Safety and Create a Great Place to Work.
- We are collaborative with a culture of innovation, nimbleness, and the drive to succeed.
- Generous work/life balance, family first mindset.
- Decision making from the bottom up not the top down.
- Continual development training to enhance your current skill set both soft and technical.
- Ability to work with others within the company on projects that enhance our work experience.
Education and Work Experience Requirements
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field required
- Five or more years in a System Analyst or ERP administration role ideally within the transportation industry.
- Language required: SQL
- Additional language preferred: Java, C#, Python, or PowerShell
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Company Paid Life Insurance
- HSA qualified medical insurance plan
- Generous PTO policy and paid holidays
- On-Site health clinic at certain locations free to our employees and tax dependents
- 401k with up to 3% match (after 1 year of employment)
- Profit-Sharing Bonus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk and hear. The employee is constantly required to use hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Information included in this job description do not necessarily represent a list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements or working conditions with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as circumstances change.