Safety and Driver Development Manager
Location: Green Bay, WI
Are you looking for a leadership role, and have a passion for safety? If you have the drive and determination to help develop our drivers and operations around safety and compliance, instill a culture of safety first, while developing new programs to facilitate our safety culture then this position may be what you are looking for.
- Keeping accurate and consistent documentation along with specific action plans and follow up with the driver 100% of the time (Driver and DOT files, Accident Registry, and TMW)
- Oversee Driver Orientation & develop necessary training curriculum to support operational needs
- Lead quarterly driver meetings, develop, and organize meetings using Power Point to educate, update, and train driver force.
- Road Test potential new hires-work close with Recruiting for seamless on-boarding of new hires.
- Coordinate hand-off of drivers to the Operations team.
- Train drivers and operational staff in the use of E-Logs and PACOS-follow up with drivers once they are in their trucks and monitor compliance with HOS rules.
- Develop and update People-Net Training to ensure driver education of our truck communication system.
- Assist in data gathering for our Red’s Reward program.
- Assist Safety Director in the upkeep and periodic review of driver DOT and accident files.
- Work closely with key safety personnel throughout the organization to ensure consistency in interpretation and enforcement of FMCSA Regulations and Company policies.
- Monitor progress of safety program as it applies to FMCSA Regulations. Track accidents, moving violations and roadside inspections and chart frequency and type of incidents on a month, quarterly and annual basis.
- Responsible for issuing and control of Com Data and EFTS Fuel cards.
- Interface with operations in support of safety goals. Assist managers when drivers have questions/issues regarding interpretation of FMCSA Regulations and HOS rules and provide guidance. Subject matter expert for Safety.
- Show ability to improve CSA scores, work comp claims and accident frequency/severity reduction.
- Coaching and mentoring of drivers as it relates to DOT regulations and company policies.
- Ability to travel on a quarterly basis – 25%
- Respond to all driver messages / requests by end of same day.
- Projects by request from your manager
The ideal candidate must be a team player, with excellent interpersonal, problem solving, communication, organizational and analytical skills. Must be proficient in analyzing and solving problems plus be able to multitask and manage critical situations effectively.
Work Experience Requirements
- 2-3 years experience in Transportation and Driver Development
- Microsoft Office Skills including Excel, ability to manipulate spreadsheets, PowerPoint (create presentations), and Word (create business letters)
- Minimum 2 year degree (preferred in Transportation)
- Additional Courses in Safety and Training a plus
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Short Term Disability & Company Paid Life Insurance
- HRA and Flexible Spending Account
- Aggressive work/life balance with a generous PTO policy and 7 paid holidays
- On-Site health clinic at certain locations free to our employees and tax dependents
- 401k with up to 3% match (after 1 year of employment)
- Continual development opportunities with company paid training
- Values based culture: Safety, Respect, Integrity, Innovation, and Superior Service
- We are collaborative with a culture of innovation and a drive to succeed
How to Apply
To begin the process, click on the Apply Now button below to complete a quick 5-10 minute assessment. Once you complete the assessment, you will be able to upload your resume and the information will automatically be sent to our HR department. Call Barb at 1-920-491-2209 with any questions!
Information included in this job description does not necessarily represent a list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements or working conditions with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as circumstances change.