PTI Red Rewards Introduces First Annual Driver of the Year Award
Driving Excellence and Delivering Value For the Long Haul
Early March 2015, Ohio Driver Everett Evans was announced as Paper Transport, Inc.’s Driver of the Year for 2014. Evans won his division’s Red Rewards Driver of the Month award 7 times last year. When asked how he did it, he responded: “I just did my job.”
About Red Rewards
Based on individual Driver Scorecards, the Red Rewards driver recognition program acknowledges outstanding drivers who are safe, productive, efficient, and tenured.
Recognition and Awards
- Driver of the Year: $2,000 net to Driver
- Divisional Driver of the Quarter: $500 net to Driver
- Driver Excellence Club: $200 net to Driver & PTI Shirt
- Divisional Driver of the Month – 1st Place: $150 net to Driver
- Divisional Driver of the Month – 2nd Place: $50 net to Driver
- Divisional Driver of the Month – 3rd Place: $25 net to Driver
- Anniversary Date: Anniversary Card & $10 Subway Card
How the Driver of the Year Is Chosen
The top “company” driver for the year is chosen based on 12-month average of the monthly Driver Scorecards. The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place Driver of the Month and the overall highest score for Quarterly winners are placed into the running for Driver of the Year. All awards are announced at Quarterly Driver Business Update meetings, upon which monetary rewards are distributed to the winners (next winners will be announced in May and April!).
Remember, Driver Scorecards are broken into 4 categories:
- Safety: Accidents, Citations, HOS, Roadside Inspection, Sudden Brake, Speed Gauge, and Motorist Complaint Scores
- Production: Productivity, Out of Route, and Service Failure Scores
- Equipment: MPG and Idle Time Score
- Administration: Drivers are awarded one point for every year of employment at PTI (10 points maximum)
PTI Drivers: If you have any questions about your Driver Scorecard, please do not hesitate to ask your Driver Manager!
We would like to thank our entire fleet for all of the great strides and efforts you make to help make PTI a safe and great place to work, and for making us the carrier of choice for America’s Truck Drivers.