Choosing the Right Class A CDL Carrier
As you make your move back into trucking, ensure you are looking for a long-term partner for an employer. We’ve seen so many individuals bounce from place to place struggling to find his or her home and even ending up on the outside of the transportation industry once again. Pay and home time are likely very important to you, so make sure you are getting a real picture of the company you are joining. Talk to their existing employees in the area you live. Don’t hesitate to talk to professional drivers, especially Paper Transport drivers. However, just as important as pay and home time is getting the best Class A CDL refresher course or transition training that you can to get back into the trucking industry.
Where to Get Class A CDL Refresher Course
One other very important decision is: Where am I going to go to get my certified Class A CDL refresher course? Ensure you are going to get the hands-on experience needed to hone in on all of your driving skills and at least 40-hours of re-training. Here at Paper Transport, we are sponsoring Class A CDL Refresher Course through one of the best schools in the industry: Fox Valley Technical College (FVTC). If you live in Northeast Wisconsin, please consider this opportunity to get back into the industry!
Sponsored Class A CDL Refresher Training
Paper Transport pays for up to 2 weeks of refresher training at FVTC and will work with you to create a scheduled and enroll. While we would love to work with everyone possible, here are the parameters for eligibility for our FVTC Refresher Sponsorship:
- Must reside within 100 miles of FVTC-1825 N Bluemound Drive, Appleton, WI 54912
- If you have 6-12 months of prior class A CDL driving experience it must have been within the last 2 years to qualify for the refresher sponsorship.
- If you have 1-5 years of prior class A CDL driving experience and have been out of the truck for less than 2 years we can work with you now without a refresher necessary!
- If you have 1-5 years of prior class A CDL driving experience and have been out of the truck greater than 2 years you qualify for the refresher sponsorship.
- If you have 5+ years of prior class A CDL driving experience and have been out of the truck for less than 2 years we can work with you now without a refresher or any additional training necessary!
- If you have 5+ years of prior class A CDL driving experience and have been out of the truck for greater than 2 years we can work with you now without a refresher necessary!
- If you have 5+ years of prior class A CDL driving experience and have been out of the truck greater than 5 years you qualify for the refresher sponsorship.
As you think about rejoining the industry, remember if you do things the right way, safely, your career as a professional driver will be extremely secure! Maybe that isn’t something you’ve had outside the work of transportation. In addition to job security, is ensuring you work with an employer partner who is fully committed to operating with Safety as their leading value. To finish, make sure you know the answer to this question: What Drives You?®
What Drives You?® is what we’re known for here at Paper Transport. It’s the question we ask every employee and customer. Why? It’s because it’s not just about what you do, but why you do it. Knowing that allows us to sincerely help people get to where they want to be in life.
Ready to start your next step?
YOU GOT YOUR CDL-A … NOW WHAT?
“I thought it would be fun to drive a big rig,” echo the voices of many drivers as they start their professional truck driver careers. Starting a new career can be both challenging and rewarding. A career as a professional truck driver is even more challenging because it involves a lifestyle change. Our Accelerate Training program helps prepare new CDL-A grads for a career in trucking.